Windows 11 Smart App Control blocking execution

I built Odin from source on Windows 11 Home 25H2. While trying to do odin run or odin build in cmd and PowerShell, execution is blocked (“Smart App Control has blocked part of this app…”).

Do all Windows users just turn off Smart App Control on their dev machines? Or is there a trick to bypass SAC? Sorry if it’s a trivial question. I’m new to programming on Windows platform ;_;

Hey, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
I also run Odin on Windows and I don’t have any problems with SAC. I’m usually just using the pre-built binaries from Github, but I have also done some from-source builds which always worked. Have you tried the pre-built binaries? And could you clarify which commit of Odin you are building?

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome and reply!

So far I have built dev-2026-09 and dev-2026-10. And even Daniel Gavin’s ols extension gets blocked sometimes when I start VS Code. I’ll try a pre-built binary tonight when I get home.

It seems no one else is talking about this which makes me think my environment is different or something.